Children and Youth Frequently Asked Questions

Featured Questions and How to Use the FAQ

This searchable FAQ only includes questions that pertain to Round 4 funding: Children and Youth. If you have any additional questions, please visit our general searchable FAQ. See the most recent questions below.


Learn more

CCE Expansion FAQ

Learn more


Learn more

Children & Youth FAQ

Learn more

Children and Youth Questions

If our project is multi-faceted and very large with multiple beds for different populations, can we apply for Round 4 for the whole budget or part of it?

BHCIP Round 4 is only available to fund the expansion benefiting the intended target population of children/youth for behavioral health services. If the project is scalable, you may be able to apply for future BHCIP rounds for other phases of your project if it serves the intended populations.

We do not have a site identified yet. Would our project be eligible for Round 4 without a site identified at time of submission? Part of our proposal and workplan would include identifying a site.

No, a project without an identified site does not meet the minimum threshold requirements; therefore, it is not eligible for BHCIP Round 4: Children and Youth funding. See minimum threshold requirements in the request for applications (RFA).

Can you advise if Children’s Crisis Residential Programs (CCRPs) noted in the RFA is the same as Crisis Residential Treatment?

Children’s Crisis Residential Programs are licensed by CDSS as a Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program and have a mental health program approved by DHCS. Please refer to Section 3.3 in the request for applications (RFA) for a list of eligible facilities considered for BHCIP Round 4: Children and Youth grant funding.

If we have multiple departments (such as intensive outpatient hospitalization and a crisis stabilization unit) in a dedicated behavioral health building run by our hospital, would we need more than one application? If we also are planning a psychiatric emergency department in another location, could we submit this separately, even if it would mean three applications from the same organization?

Applications for BHCIP Round 4: Children and Youth grant funding are site-based. For a project with more than one department located at the same site, only one application is necessary. An application for another site would require a second application. Organizations can submit more than one application as long as each application is for a separate, distinct site.