Children and Youth Frequently Asked Questions

Featured Questions and How to Use the FAQ

This searchable FAQ only includes questions that pertain to Round 4 funding: Children and Youth. If you have any additional questions, please visit our general searchable FAQ. See the most recent questions below.


Learn more

CCE Expansion FAQ

Learn more


Learn more

Children & Youth FAQ

Learn more

Children and Youth Questions

Will there be funding for pre-development activities, such as feasibility studies, environmental impact studies, and engineering plans?

Funding for pre-development activities is included in the overall budget for the proposed project. Pre-development activities may include but are not limited to funds to hire an architect to draw construction plans, working with a financial advisor to develop a business plan, and other activities required to reach the minimum threshold for project readiness.

For Round 4, would a mental health rehabilitation center serving TAY be an eligible use of funds?

No. The eligible facilities to be funded in BHCIP Round 4: Children and Youth include the following: community mental health clinics, community treatment facilities, community wellness/prevention centers, outpatient treatment for SUD, school-linked health centers, adolescent residential treatment facilities for youth with SUD, children’s crisis residential programs, crisis stabilization units, perinatal residential SUD facilities, psychiatric acute care hospitals, psychiatric health facilities, and short-term residential therapeutic programs.