Children and Youth Frequently Asked Questions

Featured Questions and How to Use the FAQ

This searchable FAQ only includes questions that pertain to Round 4 funding: Children and Youth. If you have any additional questions, please visit our general searchable FAQ. See the most recent questions below.


Learn more


Learn more

Crisis and Behavioral Health Continuum FAQ

Learn more

Children and Youth Questions

The Round 4 RFA states that schools are not eligible for Round 4, yet one of the facility types listed is school-linked health center. Can you explain what a school-linked health center is?

A school-linked health center is a specific type of school-based health center that is located off campus and has a formal operating agreement with the partnering school. School-linked health centers are operated by a community health center, a federally qualified health center, or other community-based provider and offers a wide variety of services such as primary care, behavioral health care, dental care, screening and prevention, and youth engagement activities. School-linked health centers must expand behavioral health services as part of their proposed project for Round 4 funding.

Will there be funding for pre-development activities, such as feasibility studies, environmental impact studies, and engineering plans?

Funding for pre-development activities is included in the overall budget for the proposed project. Pre-development activities may include but are not limited to funds to hire an architect to draw construction plans, working with a financial advisor to develop a business plan, and other activities required to reach the minimum threshold for project readiness.