Behavioral Health County and Tribal Planning Grant
This grant funding provides an opportunity for counties and tribal entities to expand planning efforts in their communities or regions for the acquisition and expansion of behavioral health infrastructure statewide. Action plans may involve the construction, acquisition, or rehabilitation of behavioral health facilities.
The California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) will award its Behavioral Health Continuum Infrastructure Program (BCHIP) planning grants to county behavioral health agencies and tribal entities across California to expand behavioral health infrastructure capacity, targeting state-level priorities. DHCS has contracted with Advocates for Human Potential, Inc. (AHP), to implement this project, and AHP will offer technical assistance throughout the course of this grant.
Whether you are a county agency, a tribal 638, an urban clinic, or part of a regional partnership, these grant funds will allow you to begin planning how best to address local behavioral health facility needs, along with developing strategies and action steps to meet these needs. You’ll establish an action plan that will articulate your infrastructure goals and priorities, planning activities, stakeholders, and pre-development activities.
Real Estate Development TA Resource Library
Click here to view technical assistance resources for grantees and applicants including videos and guides relating to real estate planning and development.
Forms & Templates
County and Tribal Planning Grant Round 2: FAQ – March 7, 2022
Download the Round 2B: County and Tribal Planning RFA
Visit the Grantee Resource Library
Download the Round 2A: County and Tribal Planning RFA
For information on awardees from Rounds 2A and 2B of this grant, visit the award announcement page.
View Past Presentation Materials and Key Resources
- BHCIP Match and Project Feasibility Webinar Recording – May 11, 2022
- BHCIP Match and Project Feasibility Webinar Slides – May 11, 2022
- Round 2B Planning Grantee Kick-Off Webinar Recording – May 4, 2022
- Round 2B Planning Grantee Kick-Off Webinar Slides – May 4, 2022
- Data Driven Planning and Needs Assessment Recording – March 30, 2022
- Data Driven Planning and Needs Assessment Slides – March 30, 2022
- Assessing the Continuum of Care for Behavioral Health Services in California Data, Stakeholder Perspectives, and Implications
- County and Tribal Planning Grant Round 2B: FAQ – March 7, 2022
- Planning Grantee Informational Webinar Recording – February 16, 2022
- Planning Grantee Kick-Off Webinar Slides – February 16, 2022
- Planning Grant RFA Informational Webinar Recording – November 5, 2021
- Planning Grant RFA Informational Webinar Slides – November 5, 2021
- County and Tribal Planning Grant Round 2A: FAQ – November 30, 2021
Round 2B Awardees: Interactive Map
Round 2A Awardees: Interactive Map
News & Events for Planning Grantees
A program update of the Behavioral Health Continuum Infrastructure Program (BHCIP) and Community Care Expansion (CCE) Program was published on 1/05/22 to provide supplemental information on the upcoming release of the joint Request for Applications (RFA) for BHCIP...
The California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is pleased to announce the re-release of the Request for Applications (RFA) for its Behavioral Health Continuum Infrastructure Program (BHCIP) County and Tribal Planning Grant, which will help county agencies...