Grantee Resource Library
Find resources and tools for advancing your grant below. These resources include products developed by AHP, its affiliates, and other state and national organizations.
Click on the document name/description to download. If you have a resource you believe should be shared with grantees, please email it to BHCIP@dhcs.ca.gov.
Looking for grant-specific forms or document templates? Click on the appropriate link below, or use the navigation menu.
- BHCIP and CCE Program Update – Released January 5, 2022
- Crisis Care Mobile Units
- County and Tribal Planning
- Planning Grantee Kick Off Webinar Slides
- Launch Ready
- Children and Youth
- BHCIP Round 5
- BHCIP Round 6
- BHCIP Round 3 Sample Funding Agreement
- DISCLAIMER: This sample BHCIP Round 3: Launch Ready Program Funding Agreement (“Sample Agreement”) is a sample only. The content presented in the Sample Agreement is made available solely for general informational purposes. The Sample Agreement is intended to enable potential applicants and grantees to familiarize themselves with general BHCIP funding terms and conditions. The terms and conditions of the Sample Agreement are subject to change to reflect the specific requirements of each l grantee’s project and round of BHCIP funding. We do not warrant this information’s accuracy, completeness, or usefulness. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other user of the Sample Agreement, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- We may update the content in this Sample Agreement from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up to date. Any material in the Sample Agreement may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Watch the Expanding Capacity for Residential Care through Partnership Webinar – June 29, 2022
- View the slides for Expanding Capacity for Residential Care through Partnership Webinar – June 29, 2022
- View the FAQ for Expanding Capacity for Residential Care through Partnerships Webinar – June 29, 2022
- Status Update: Behavioral Health Continuum Infrastructure Program and Community Care Expansion Program – April 2022
- California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) Behavioral Health Continuum Infrastructure Program (BHCIP) website
- California Department of Social Services (CDSS) website
- Search our FAQ here: Joint RFA: Frequently Asked Questions
- View the PDF here: FAQ Update: Questions and Answers for the BHCIP Launch Ready and CCE Capital Expansion Joint RFA
- Assessing the Continuum of Care for Behavioral Health Services in California
- The RAND Report on “Adult Psychiatric Bed Capacity, Need, and Shortage Estimates in California—2021”
- the Behavioral Health Continuum Infrastructure Program and Community Care Expansion Program Listening Session, October 21, 2021 – Download the report of stakeholder feedback from this session
- BHCIP: California Welfare and Institutions Code, Division 5, Part 7 (commencing with Section 5960)
- CCE: California Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) 18999.97
- Status Update: Behavioral Health Continuum Infrastructure Program and Community Care Expansion Efforts, October 2021
News and Events for Grantees
Community Care Expansion Program Update – Preservation Grant Update April 20, 2023
The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) is pleased to announce $52.3 million in additional Community Care Expansion (CCE) Preservation Program awards to California counties. These funds support ongoing operations and preservation of existing licensed...
CCE Preservation Program Participating Counties
County OSP Funds Accepted CP Funds Accepted Alameda $3,246,304.00 $4,295,681.00 Contra Costa $2,541,618.00 $3,363,204.00 Fresno $2,351,591.00 $3,111,750.00 Glenn $216,846.00 $201,557.00 Humboldt $246,326.00 $204,281.00 Inyo $0.00 $203,113.00 Kern $1,773,591.00...
REMINDER: CCE Application Portal Will Close June 1, 2023
REMINDER: CCE Application Portal Will Close June 1, 2023 This is a reminder that the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) will be closing the CCE application portal on Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. PST unless funds are exhausted sooner. All...
Community Care Expansion Program – February News Release
The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) announced that 12 organizations funding 14 projects were awarded a total of $106.5 million in grants to create more residential care options for seniors and adults with disabilities, including people at risk of or...
Can I refinance the home/facility to get a loan out of equity during the encumbrance period?
There are no restrictions for refinancing in the grant program funding agreement. It is up to the sponsor to work out refinancing terms.
NEW RFA! Tribal Behavioral Health Crisis and Non-Crisis Vehicles and Vehicle-Related Costs
CCMU will award up to $1 million to any Tribe or Tribal entity in California for the purpose of purchasing and maintaining vehicles to provide crisis and non-crisis behavioral health services. Applications must be submitted by February 28, 2023. Click HERE to access...
Governor Newsom Announces $480.5 Million in BHCIP Round 4: Children and Youth Grants
Governor Gavin Newsom today announced $480.5 million in awards for 54 projects to improve California’s behavioral health infrastructure for children and youth. As part of Governor Newsom’s Master Plan for Kids’ Mental Health, this historic investment provides grant...
Can a facility based in a correctional setting apply for BHCIP or CCE funds?
No. Correctional settings are not eligible for funding under either BHCIP Round 3: Launch Ready or CCE Capital Expansion funding.
Governor Newsom Announces $53 Million in New Housing Grants to Help Older Adults and Adults with Disabilities
Governor Gavin Newsom, with The California Department of Social Services (CDSS), today announced that 12 organizations, funding 14 projects were awarded a total of $53 million in grants to create more residential care options for older adults and adults with...
Community Care Expansion Program – Preservation Grant Update October 5, 2022
The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) is pleased to announce that award letters have been issued for over $186 million in funds for the Community Care Expansion (CCE) Preservation program, with funds awarded to 34 participating counties. The CCE...